- I haven't kept track of the exact number of days, but it's been weeks since I've done one of my hours-long hand washing rituals. While I have, probably 3-4 times, washed my hands for longer than a normal person would, the longest I've done that is less than 10 minutes.
- I've been putting all the groceries away as they come home. Nothing has stayed on the floor for a very long time.
- I've been having a healthy breakfast and taking a multivitamin every day for a while now, and I'm feeling better.
- I'm exercising much more regularly.
- I'm doing more things I enjoy.
- I finally got that blanket out I was working on for my daughter, the one I was afraid to touch because it was "contaminated". I'll continue working on it now.
- I've allowed a visitor to stop by twice now. That's huge, and a first since 2009.
- I finally got the living room arranged just the way I want it! That's also been on hold since 2009.
- I've been asking for less reassurance, and almost never asking for a "spotter" to watch me do things. Major improvements on that front.
- I'm cooking more! And eating healthier in general.
My fingernails are growing - not just back, but kind of long! I have not had any length to my nails in years. Kinda makes me want to paint them. I just might.
My mantra, as I press on through this week, this journey, this fight, is: be afraid, and do it anyway.
DO IT ANYWAY.
"Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway."